Monday, November 8, 2010

Spinach Dip

I'm not sure if this even deserves a post because you can easily get this recipe on numerous packages of food, like a package of either Lipton or Knorr Vegetable Soup and and Dip Mix.  But it's really good so it does belong here because just in case you have never made it or you have had this dip at parties but never knew the recipe, well here it is.  Or I almost forgot about the people that have never tried it or think that they don't like spinach, I thought I didn't like spinach till I tried it and now I'm addicted and open to all kinds of recipes with spinach.  And it is VERY easy to make!  I chose the Lipton Mix because it was cheaper and the only difference I believe in the recipe was how much sour cream and of course the mix.  But if you choose the Knorr and the recipe isn't on the back of the package then go to Knorr's website and look it up.  Personally I can't tell the difference in taste so I say go for what's cheaper! 

Spinach Dip
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Vegetable Soup Mix
8oz. sour cream
1 Cup Real Mayonnaise
1 pkg. 10oz. frozen chopped spinach
1 can 8oz. water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)

Thaw the spinach and drain all the excess water out with your hands.  In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix.  Chill for 2 hours and then serve. 

I suggest serving them with something like this, I had it once at my Sister's with I believe this brand and it's the best thing I've ever had dipped in it.

Adapted from Lipton Recipe Secrets Vegetable Soup Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment