Friday, October 1, 2010

Cornflake Crumb Chicken with a Twist!

I grew up eating cornflake crumb chicken and I'm pretty sure all my mom did was dip the chicken in buttermilk, milk, or maybe even melted butter and then into cornflake crumbs.  Which it was awesome and one of my favorite meals ever as a kid, I used to dip mine in ketchup and I loved it!  Well when I ran across this recipe I knew I had to try it because it was the basic cornflake crumb chicken but with more flavor and I love cooking with spices!  So if you are like I was making just a boring cornflake crumb chicken then the next time you make it try it this way, it doesn't take anymore than maybe 3 extra minutes plus you probably already have the ingredients and it definitely gives an old favorite a new twist!

Cornflake Crumb Chicken with a Twist

2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
1 lb. chicken tenders
*cornflakes or cornflake crumbs

*I usually buy already crushed cornflake crumbs but I was able to find Kellogg's Cornflake cereal on ad plus used a coupon and bought some for about 25 cents so I used those but either work.  The original recipe says to used 1 1/2cup of Cornflake cereal and crush them to medium crumbs but I just always eyeball stuff like this.

In a bowl combine the garlic, spices, and buttermilk and mix together.  Add the chicken and mix together.  Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour, covered. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Coat the chicken tenders with the cornflakes and place on baking sheet, repeat until finished.  Cook for 15-20 minutes or until done. 

Adapted from Cook Yourself Thin Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment