Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crock Pot French Dip

Growing up one of my favorite things my Mom made was Au Jus sandwiches, she didn't make them much but when she did it was a big treat for me.  And I think when I was 17 or 18 I discovered Quizno's french dip type sub and I fell in love.  I used to eat one of those all the time, still when I go to Quizno's that is one of my top choices.  I always see those Au Jus packages and I don't know why I haven't ever made it before now but when I ran across this recipe I had to try it.  It was really good.  Lee just ate it as a sandwich without dipping it in the juice but I dipped it and it tasted really good. 

Crock Pot French Dip
1 2.5-3 lb. beef roast (you can use a frozen roast if you want)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 1-ounce packages dry onion soup mix
2 c. water
2 cans beef broth
6-8 large buns
Swiss, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced.

Heat the oil up in a skillet.  Salt and pepper the roast and sear all sides of the roast.  (your not cooking the meat you are just browning it to lock in the flavor)

Place roast in the crock pot and pour the soup mix, water, and broth into the crock pot and cook for 8-10 hours on low. 

When done shred the meat and place on your buns and top with your cheese.  You can stick in the oven and broil for a minute. 

Adapted from Our Best Bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment