Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Herbed Roast Chicken

I remember looking at my Nannie's (great-grandmother) Taste of Home magazines when I was a kid.  I always loved that magazine so when I ran across a a deal on Hip2Save to get a year subscription for less than $4 I had to take it!  So as I was flipping thru my 1st magazine I tagged a couple recipes and this one was by far the most interesting to me so I had to try it first!  I like trying things that sound a little out there because in the past some of my favorite recipes sounded a little strange before I made them.  But the only strange thing in this recipe I think is the orange juice, everything else seems normal, or at least the way I made it because I did change up the spices some.  But I was surprised at how good it tasted, I loved it and so did Lee.  And the added bonus, it was EASY!

Herbed Roast Chicken

1-2gallon resealable plastic bag or a big airtight bowl
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1 roasting chicken

In the plastic bag or the bowl combine all the ingredients and mix.  Add chicken, turn to coat.  Refrigerate for 8hrs turning at least once.

Drain and discard marinade.  Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan or a glass casserole dish is fine too.  Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 1/4-2 3/4hrs.  (it only took me 2 1/4hrs)  Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving!

Adapted from Taste of Home June & July 2010 Issue

No comments:

Post a Comment