Friday, August 27, 2010

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Ok I think these are a must try for any and everybody. I first saw these on my favorite food blog when she posted about her son’s birthday party but she didn’t give you a recipe and I couldn’t wait for her to post about them so I went to searching and finally found one that sounded perfect! (& later on when Annie posted this on her site it ended up being the same recipe I used)



Ok so as I mentioned Annie had these for her son’s birthday party and my sister had these at my nephews party as well so they are perfect for parties, if you have your kid’s friends over or your friends, or just as a regular meal. They bring ham & cheese to a whole different level. We have made these a staple meal for after my procedures because Lee can make these or I can make these while disabled. They take 20ish minutes to make/bake. Try them…TODAY!


Ham & Cheese Sliders


24 good white dinner rolls (I use Kings Hawaiian Rolls for half & then reg. dinner rolls from the bakery for half, me and Lee have a difference in opinion/taste on these)
24 pieces ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese (on Lee’s we put Monterrey jack and I’ve also had them with pepper jack & Muenster)
miracle whip or mayo (optional, I leave this out and they still taste great)


Poppy seed sauce
1 T poppyseeds
1 1/2 T yellow mustard
1 stick butter, melted
1 T minced onion or I use onion powder
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


Spread miracle whip or mayo onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.


In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm. Even if it’s just 2 of you like it is w/me and Lee I would still suggest making the full amount, the leftovers are amazing!
** sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.

***UPDATE*** 
Okay I ran across this idea on another blog last night and I had to share it but I feel so bad because I didn't save it but I'm sure I'll run across it again and I'll give the blog owner appropriate credit but for a quick on the go delicious sandwich make these ahead of time with hamburger buns or I would recommend going to the bakery/deli dept. of your store and getting fresh rolls that are about the size of hamburger buns.  Now take a sheet of foil and put the sandwich on top of the foil and put the butter mixture on the inside of the sandwich and wrap in foil and freeze.  Then when your on the go or if you have access to a toaster oven or oven at work (or even microwave but it'd probably be soggy) throw it in there in the foil in all (but of coarse don't put foil in a microwave) and in a short amount of time, my guess 5-7min. you'll have a sandwich all ready to go!  Now I haven't tried this myself I just read about the idea somewhere but it sounds like it would be really good!!  And I'll be looking for that link to where I got the idea from so check back in another day  or so...


Inspired to search by Annie but adapted recipe from here.


And the picture is by my sweet friend Michelle Wachsmann that was so nice to
let me use her wonderful picture that she took after she made these! Check out her website!

No comments:

Post a Comment