Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crispy Mexican Chicken

So my Dad lives nearby and he asked for me to make him this chicken one evening so I did.  He kept telling me how good it was but it didn't seem like it was going to be really awesome but it was!  It had alot of flavor and I will definitely be making it again.  It's one of those meals that are super easy and super quick! 

Crispy Mexican Chicken

3 cups French Fried Onions 
4 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup nacho/taco blend shredded cheese

Place 2 cups of the onions and the chili powder in a plastic bag and crush the onions with a rolling pin or however you feel like it.  (The lazy method to coat the chicken would be to leave the onions in the bag and throw the chicken in there to coat it but I wouldn't recommend it with this type of coating)  Place the onions in a pie plate or coating trays.

Dip chicken into egg mixture then coat with the seasoned onion crumbs.  Place chicken on a baking sheet.  (also I would recommend baking your chicken on a cooling rack on top of your baking sheet so the bottoms of the chicken aren't all hard) 

Bake chicken at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20min. or until done.  Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions, let stand until the cheese melts. 

Oh and usually I adapt a recipes ingredients a little bit but I had strict instructions from my Dad to make it like the recipe!  And this recipe came from French's!  Also if your going to make this I would recommend going here and getting some coupons for the french fried onions!

No comments:

Post a Comment