Monday, August 30, 2010

Avocado Dip

I had this Avocado Dip a couple of times at my sister's in-laws and then her mother in law Jane brought it to a party at my sister's house and I finally asked her for the recipe.  Since I am impatient I came home and bought stuff to make it and I completely messed it up, did not taste the same but after I got the recipe I figured out what I was missing was the water.  Oh and Jane gave my sister the recipe soon after I asked for it but my dear sweet sister never told me she had it till I happened to ask for Jane's number one day then she told me she had it, which was like a month afterwards!  Thank you Jane for the recipe, I love it and for everyone else I recommend you try this for yourselves or if you have any parties coming up you should bring this! 

Avocado Dip

2 ripe Avocados (quartered)
1 small Onion (quartered)
2 or 3 fresh Jalapenos (halved & devained)
8oz. Sour Cream
Juice of 2 Limes
2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 cup Cilantro

In a blender place onions, jalapenos, and 1/2cup of water, chop until fine.  Then add avocados, sour cream, juice of limes, salt, and cilantro and blend till it's a creamy mixture. 

*This keeps in a mason jar for a week.

Recipe from my sister's mother in law, Jane.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this stuff!! Anything avocado+cream and I'm there. :-)

    ReplyDelete