Sunday, August 29, 2010

Three Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake

I used to always cook recipes from Kraft Foods till I discovered the food blog world so I wanted to share this recipe.  We had it tonight and it was really good and easy to make!  Though today I guess was the first meal I've made 100% on my own since my port was placed a little over a week ago and my left arm is still a little weak and I found out the hard way I probably shouldn't of been cooking on my own.  I was using my pampered chef stoneware that is kind of heavy on it's own w/o food in it but when I went to take it out of the oven I dropped it and about 1/4 of it spilled and splattered all over me burning me, so now I have red burns on my arms and legs.  I don't think I've ever burned myself like that but I'm blaming it all on the port since my arm is still sore/weak! 

1-1/2 cups multi-grain pasta
uncooked 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
2 oz. Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

heat oven 375ºF.


Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and adding spinach to the boiling water the last minute.

Salt and pepper the chicken and add some Italian seasoning to it as well, cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 min. Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic, and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel.

Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole or 8-inch square baking dish.

Bake 20 min.; top with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted.

Adapted from Kraft Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment