Friday, August 27, 2010

Green Beans with Chicken and Crumbled Feta Cheese


I try to cook healthy but sometimes it’s not so easy well I came across this recipe and I fell in love and it is EASY. I saw it when Lee was sleeping and Lee sometimes is a picky eater especially about things like this so I just added it to the grocery list and hoped for the best! I ended up asking him before hand if he would eat it and of course he wouldn’t eat the feta cheese but that’s easy to leave off just for him! After I made this Lee loved it, he actually requested it the following week so I made it 2 weeks in a row which is really rare for us!



Green Beans with Chicken and Crumbled Feta Cheese
1lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
6oz. fresh green beans
1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tomato chopped
1 avocado
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
lemon (optional)
italian dressing (optional)


Trim and remove skin from chicken breast if you didn’t buy boneless skinless.


You can bake the chicken many different ways feel free to use your own method but the way I would recommend is to place the chicken in your pan of choice, salt and pepper, and put a lil italian dressing on it and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25minutes. Or another way you can bake it is salt and pepper chicken, drizzle with olive oil, and slice a lemon into slices and lay the slices over the chicken to bake. I prefer the italian dressing because it adds more flavor but both tasted good.

Next trim your green beans, I always do them with my kitchen shears because it makes it so much easier than snapping them off. Place in a pot of water and boil to your taste. I believe they are healthier when they are still bright green and crispy but I prefer them to be cooked a little longer. While your chicken is cooking and your green beans are boiling cut up your tomato and your avocado.


When your green beans are done drain them and then toss them with 1T olive oil. And if your making this for ALL feta cheese lovers then you can throw the feta cheese in now and it’ll melt a little. Sadly I can’t do this since Lee won’t eat feta cheese. Now you can toss everything together-green beans, feta cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and chicken and serve or you can do it like me and serve individually like a buffet and everybody can get what they want. ENJOY!


Adapted from Pampered Chef Celebrity Cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, this does sound tasty and easy. I love all these ingredients.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete