Thursday, October 14, 2010

Smokey Spanish Chicken

Above is the chicken without the cream cheese, below is with the cream cheese!

Have I told you all how good of husband I have?  Well let me tell y'all he is amazing, last week he brought me home a cookbook and then we went to Williams Sonoma and I got another cookbook so be looking out for recipes from them.  This chicken recipe is from the cookbook he picked out, it's a Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese cookbook.  And I got lucky with this recipe because I was looking for something, anything to cook as long as we had all the ingredients already.  Oh yeah the very last step is to add the cream cheese and I forgot to add it but then I remembered before I ate so I scooped my food back into the skillet and added it then fixed my plate again!  I had already taken a picture for the blog before I added the cream cheese but then I snapped a quick picture again to show you what the color is suppose to look like. 

1 Tbsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
1 onion, slivered
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. flour
2 Tsp. paprika
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup Cream Cheese Spread
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Place half of the oil and the chicken in a skillet and brown chicken on both sides.  Remove chicken and set to side.  Use the other half of the oil and add the onions and garlic and cook on medium heat until the onions are crisp-tender.

Stir in flour and paprika, cook for one minute.  Add broth and tomatoes.  Return chicken to skillet and cover and let simmer for 15minutes or until chicken is done. 

Add cream cheese, stir frequently until melted.  Sprinkle parsley over chicken. 

Adapted from Spread a Little Joy.

3 comments:

  1. Got to love a hubs who buys great cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this chicken recipe. I would have called it Hungarian chicken, Paprika, is 99% percent Hungarian, unless it is specified, otherwise, which would be Spanish Paprika. Great recipe with the cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was so excited bout the cookbook, it's like a $20 cookbook but Kroger had a deal where if you bought 4 Cream Cheese's then you'd get it for free.

    And Elisabeth I don't know much about paprika but thanks for the info, it did say smokey paprika but didn't say spanish. I just used the same title the cookbook used without putting much thought into it.

    ReplyDelete