Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bacon & Onion Green Beans

This recipe and picture is from my Mom, I guess kind of like a guest blogger, I have made and had these green beans though plenty of time to be able to tell you they are AMAZING!  If you haven't ever had green beans like these then you need to try them and if you don't want to use fresh green beans then you could always use a can of green beans but I recommend fresh!  This would also make a good side dish for your Holiday dinner, we usually have this for Christmas with my Mom.

Bacon & Onion Green Beans
1 lb fresh Green Beans, snip ends but leave whole
1/2 cup chopped Bacon
1/2 cup chopped Onion
1 to 2 Tablespoon White Vinegar
Lawry's Season Salt
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Lemon Pepper
Boil Green Beans until almost tender, still a little crisp, drain.  Fry bacon until almost crisp, add onion, fry until soft.   Drain all fat from Bacon and Onion mixture.  Add Green Beans.  Season to taste, with Lawry's Season Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Lemon Pepper.  Toss till warm, remove from heat and sprinkle with Vinegar. 
Recipe came from my Mom, Sheri Klish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment