Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cheesesteak Sub

I'm not sure if this deserves a post or not, it's not really a recipe it's more of things I threw together and I don't even have exact measurements on all of it but this is really one of those that is measured by taste not a measuring spoon.  This was really delicious...I was inspired to try to make this from listening to the TV when Lee was watching one of those shows on the Food network about Philly Cheesesteaks.  They looked so good and even though I doubt this is anywhere close to being as good as them it's still pretty darn good!  Oh and the plus side it's quick!

Cheesesteak Sub
*This makes about 3 subs.

2lbs-steaks of your choice
subs, rolls, or whatever your choice of bread is
3 garlic cloves, minced
oregano
3 Tbsp.-A1 Steak Sauce
2 Tbsp.-Worcestershire Sauce
liquid smoke
salt & pepper
Cheese, I would suggest provolone or cheez whiz

Cut the steak in really thin strips and place in a skillet.  Mix the sauces and garlic with the steak.  Shake as much salt, pepper, and oregano as you choose.  I didn't put a whole lot of oregano, just a few shakes, but I did put quite a bit of salt and pepper.  Then add just a little splash of liquid smoke.  You could probably leave that out but I just love the flavor it adds so I wouldn't.  Cook until the meat is done.  Then place the meat and cheese on bread and if you want any other kind of topping add that as well...and there you go...a quick delicious Cheesesteak sub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment