Monday, January 3, 2011

Pizza Bites

I'm BACK!!!  When I started this blog my goal was to one day be like Annie or The Pioneer Woman and I still hope to be like them one day but I think I was expecting too much out of myself too soon with trying to post 4-5x a week.  Don't worry, I'm still going to blog as much as I can every week but I'm going to aim at about 3x a week.  Now let's talk about Pizza Bites...


Speaking of Annie, this is one of her recipes and I'm so happy to be sharing it with you all.  This is perfect to serve while watching a game with friends, so if you are planning a Super Bowl Party or going to one I would suggest putting this on your list.  This is also a great meal when you don't have much time because you can do the pizza dough ahead of time and then it takes about 5min. to throw it together!  And this Pizza Dough is amazing...I'd suggest making homemade pizza's with it!  I'm not providing the recipe for the dough, I'd suggest going to the link I provided.  I was going to give it to you but Annie has a really great tutorial about homemade pizza crust along with the recipe. 

Pizza Bites
½ batch pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza)
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 20-24 pieces)
Sliced pepperoni
Pizza Sauce (for dipping)

For topping:
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9in. pie plate or cake pan.  Divide the dough into 20-24 pieces.  Place a cube of cheese and pepperoni on top of a piece of dough and then wrap the dough around it, repeat until finished.  Place seam side down in dish.  Lightly brush the tops with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan and Italian seasoning.  Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. 

Adapted from Annie's Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment